There are a number of ways to make gifts to the Virginia College Fund. Among them are:
- Gifts of Cash - By far the most popular choice, gifts of cash are usually in the form of a check, and are fully tax deductible if you itemize your deductions on your federal income tax form. Simply mail your gift of cash to the Virginia College Fund at the address below.
- Gifts of Highly Appreciated Securities - A gift to the Virginia College Fund of highly appreciated and/or low-yielding securities is tax-efficient and has little or no effect upon your current spendable income.
- Gifts of Property - A gift of property owned for longer than one year entitles you to an income tax deduction for the full current market value of the property, not just the amount you paid for it.
- A Temporary Gift - By setting aside assets in a Charitable Lead Trust (definition), you can make a charitable gift that results in immediate funding to the Virginia College Fund for a limited period of time.
- Your Will - After providing for your loved ones in your will, you may give a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or all or part of what remains after individuals have been remembered to the Virginia College Fund.
- Gifts of Life Insurance - A policy no longer needed to assure the security of loved ones and given in whole or part to the Virginia College Fund may result in both income and estate tax benefits.
- Your Retirement Plan - Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and company-sponsored pension and profit sharing plans may be appealing sources of charitable gifts and may produce the greatest tax savings for your heirs.
- Gifts that Give Back - It is possible to make a gift to the Virginia College Fund and retain annual income for the remainder of your life and or the life of a loved one. Through a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (definition), Charitable Remainder Unitrust (definition), or a Charitable Gift Annuity (definition), you may plan for retirement, care for the elderly, or provide educational expenses for children, grandchildren, or other loved ones.
Whatever your choice, your gift to the Virginia College Fund, in essence, goes directly to students within the Commonwealth as it is used to:
- provide scholarships to those students who otherwise could not afford a college degree
- update libraries and laboratory facilities
- upgrade computer technology
- provide emphasis on innovative quality education programs
- provide for faculty and staff professional development
- avoid postponement of essential preventive maintenance
- improve management efficiency and effectiveness
- encourage cooperative planning for the future
If you would like more information about making a gift to the Virginia College Fund, please call us at (804) 355-3271 , write us at 4900 Augusta Avenue, Suite 101 Richmond, VA 23230, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!